Monday, August 13, 2007

Caveat emptor

Yesterday, at Mobile 1 in Podium, we were checking out their stuff when we chanced upon a laptop cushion of sorts. Brand was Belkin, material microfiber. Though my husband was skeptical about getting it because laptops aren't supposed to be put on top of pillows as they might overheat, my son and I thought that as it was Belkin and Belkin makes techno stuff, it would be worth buying. On the product was an orange tag which said "1576" and underneath it was another orange tag. We told the sales clerk we would get it.

Lo and behold when I was signing the credit card slip, I saw P2800. I was aghast. I pointed to the 1576 tags on it, pulled out the thing and the other tag showed 1576 as well. The girl said it was the product code. I looked around at the other products in the store and they bore orange tags which the girl said were price tags.

To make a long story short, I told her I didn't want to buy the product any longer so she voided the sale.

Moral of the story: always check credit card slips before signing them. At P2800, the lap cushion was a tad too pricey.

No comments: