Wednesday, January 7, 2009

MAIDS A AND B

hay. Of course I'm going to emote. Earlier, I asked Maid B to clean my table as I tried to pray my novena. As she cleaned she was annotating. Really, she was. I contemplated whether I should stop praying my novenas or to proceed. was God testing my patience? I thought he might be and prayed for enlightenment. With great effort I finished.

Then Maid B proceeded to dusting stuff elsewhere in the room. bog, I heard. She was no longer annotating. This time one religious item or some thingy was falling to the floor. I said "Nabuka?" She said "wala a, ga limpio pa ko di" she hurriedly added as she continued dusting while ignoring the fallen thing. Later she showed it to me: a tiny image of the Sacred Heart. Then bog, went another item. I asked "nabuka?" Might as well have taped my questions and pressed replay, no? She said no. Then she promptly showed me pink piggy, a small magnetic thing for the ref. Sigh. She finished doing those and went to another area. Bog. Hay, I was inured. Hopefully nothing broke.

*********

After praying my novenas, I read the papers. I was enjoying myself but felt guilty because I had to work. So I began working. Son arrived from school unexpectedly. Which meant no food was ready for him. If you follow this blog, you'll know that Maid A who is the cook works ever so slowly. So I asked the son what he wanted. ken Afford's Sisig, or maybe Fish fillet. Then he remembered "pa xerox nito. 2 pages 30 copies each." Maid A said, "60 pages ni." Hayy. I said "30 each." She said "te 60 tanan". Why couldn't she just stick to the instruction 30 each? The word 60's entering the picture might lead to confusion. Son said "ako na nga". But I prevailed on him to let her do it. Kainis. I told her to call me from the resto because son gave additional instructions for the fish fillet: tartar sauce. She has been gone so many minutes, no phone call yet. Sigh. She can be so stubborn. Sigh.

********
Update on Maid A: The xerox copies weren't stapled - she forgot she said. The fish fillet had no tartar sauce. SHe didin't call because she said they had no phone at Ken Afford. Duh. So how do they deliver? SOmetimes, I think she makes a career out of being difficult, irritating, annoying, etc. the works.

Son began stapling the xeroxed sheets two per. Then he decided to ask her to help. Guess where she stapled them? No Virginia, not on the side, at the center. My gulay...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

After reading this, I wanted to hug my maid! Matino na siya after sending her an angry text message last month (remember when she left mom alone?).

antonette said...

haha. but my sister says I should turn a blind eye and a deaf ear to their shortcomings because buti pa nga raw may maid ako. Pero hindi naman siguro bawal mag emote?

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, that's an option too. But i think they need us as much as we need them although they might not realize it. Until they meet an employer who'll give them IOUs and promise to give lumpsum salary...until they have to wake up at 4am and go to bed after sir comes home at 2am...until they become battered yayas of brats (yaya, my bag...yaya, my slippers...yaya, water)...

and yes, you have the license to emote ba, all the time! tawag ka lang =D

antonette said...

Ya, like what if they had a bratty Ogie in Bubble Gang or his/her clone as alaga, "Whatever yaya!" "Yaya you're a LOSER!"

thanks for the offer...