Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Humpty Dumpty had a great fall

No, I'm not talking about Wall Street, not at all because the fall took place at around 2:30 or 3:00 this morning. Yes, I fell not off a wall, but off the bed.

Last night, after I bathed at around 6:30, I felt my eyes so itchy that I decided to take a Benadryl antihistamine capsule. I had been postponing doing so the past days because of work (see post in derdo.wordpress.com "I was fired"). I couldn't afford to sleep then. But with that work gone kaput and just one pending, no rush pa, I thought it was about time I should take medicine for my allergy (watery eyes, sniffles etc.). When my son arrived at around 9, he looked surprised that I was asleep. How did I know that? I woke up, apparently looked just awakened by his noise. Then after some light chitchat, I dozed off again. The maid even had to come in without being called to change me. I was so zonked out. I asked her to turn me so I could sleep comfortably, she turned me in the wrong direction. When I looked, I saw husband sleeping soundly so instead of asking him to correct my position, I asked my son. Then I dozed off again. I can't remember now if I asked husband to fix my position.

Then suddenly I felt my arm hitting something, ouch. I opened my eyes and saw I was on the floor. I knew I had hit the table. I heard a few things fall. I heard my glass of water fall and the coaster. I shouted for husband but he was no longer in bed. Suddenly the door opened and there he was rushing in. I said "I fell." Ouch.

Before he moved me he looked me over, saw some bruises, a scratch, a dislodged skin (small only on my elbow) etc. He woke up my son and with great difficulty they lifted me back to the bed. (The floor is so low, they are so tall) He asked me to raise my arm, no problem there, but I felt hapdi in one area of my upper arm and saw 4 open pinhole-sized perforations (I'm sure there's a better term for them). Otherwise, I'm okay. See, I'm typing. Arm feels a bit sore but husband said, that's to be expected. He said I might want to ice the soreness away, I said sacrifice na lang. It's not that bad. Son stayed awake, I guess a bit worried, for two hours, to keep me company. He's snoring away now. Meantime, athlete mom (husband said to imagine how athletes fall after a tough game) is blogging away.

Oh the things aside from the glass of water and Arcoroc coaster (which broke but whose shards didn't hit me) that fell were made of plastic. But there was one bottle of perfume, really old (paco rabanne calandre) made of glass that didn't break. Conclusion: perfumes are expensive because of the glass they come in. Shatter proof. Ouch, my back hurts.

No comments: